Torque Steerers with co-sponsors NWR-SCCA and ACE, are hosting a Ladies Day on Saturday March 15th at Emerald Downs in Auburn! This event is a great opportunity for women in our region to experience autox in a low pressure environment and get some seat time.
Gals - this day is for you - it's an opportunity for you to come out and play in your cars. If you've ever wanted to try autox but haven't wanted to do it at a race event - this is the perfect opportunity. It's not a race, it's just a practice. Women with any level of autox experience are welcome to come and drive at this event. The guys will work the course for you and there will be female instructors on hand for those who are new to the sport or want to go for ride-alongs.
Guys - if you have women in your life that are interested in cars, want to learn how to drive better and faster, or just want to have a great time in their cars this is a great opportunity for them. It's also a great opportunity for you to show your support for the women in our region because we need volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering to work at this event please contact Tasha (
) or Annie (
). Volunteers will be able to run during the lunch break and again at the end of the day.
· Gals - please pre-register online - (pre-registration closes on Friday 3/14 at 6pm - pre-reg is not required, just helpful). You can change or cancel your registration until Friday at 6pm.
Onsite Check-In/Registration: 8:00-8:45am
· Payment is made at the event – cash or checks only.
· Cost - $50 for the entire day, Women only - this includes a weekend membership to Torque Steerers (TS); if you are a current member of a sponsor club (TS/SCCA/ACE) your entry is $45
· Volunteers - please check in at registration to get a work assignment and if you want to run at lunch or the end of the day (no fees will be collected from you but you must have a valid driver's license).
Tech Inspection: 8:05-8:50am
· All cars that will be running must go through the safety tech inspection.
· Before going to the tech inspection area, remove all loose objects from your car, the driver's side floor mat must be secure or removed.
· Please review the tech requirements listed here to avoid surprises on site.
· We recommend putting some extra air in your tires (5-7lbs. above stock) to prevent excessive sidewall rollover
Driver's Meeting: 9:10am
· Everyone must attend the driver's meeting unless they have been excused by the event chairs.
What you should bring:
· Your valid driver's license (volunteers too, if you want to drive)
· Entry fees (cash or checks accepted)
· A Snell rated helmet 2000 or newer—Loaner helmets are available. Helmets with only a DOT rating are not allowed due to our insurance requirements.
· Whatever you need to “be prepared” for the weather (golf umbrella, rain suit, tarp, extra water, sunscreen, etc.).
· There will not be a food vendor onsite so bring a lunch or there are restaurants nearby.